Friday 11 July 2008

Malaysia & Singapore

I arrived in KL on Tuesday, where I always feel very welcome and comfortable. The humidity is always a stark but interesting change to Europe and the heat is always nice.
I went straight to the office on arrival for a serious of catch-up sessions and discussions on new proposals, before checking in to the always welcoming [[Shangri La]] in nearby Putrajaya.
The service is always 1st class and the welcome Chinese tea after I had just settled in the room was fabulous.
I flew down to Singapore on Wednesday, on an early shuttle that flies every hour all day, to spend time with old friends, clients & new colleagues. It was a successful trip and although I didn't get to see a lot of Singapore, it felt like a nice place to live and visit.
I arrived back from Singapore on Friday night and caught up with a bit of work that kept me up until almost 2am. I felt I had earned a bit of relaxation - so today and tomorrow I will lap up the sunshine at the pool and have some local Malay food.
some photos attached... show the poolside view, the luxury of the room and the style of the internal.