Monday 20 October 2008

Venice

Venice is a wonderful city!
Tennille and I visited Venice for Tennille's birthday this weekend and had an absolutely fantastic time. We lost ourselves many times wandering around the city, had an enjoyable gondola tour and much good red wine & food.
Our apartment - Corte 1321 - was ideal, located on the other side of the Grand Canal from San Marco, allowing us to explore the city on all fronts.
We both enjoyed ourselves greatly... and look forward to our next trip back...
We also took one night on Lake Garda in the lovely Simeone before driving over to Venice.
Simeone is a wonderful island city on the lake and is beautifully picturesque - well worth a visit.
Molto Bene!!!

1 comment:

Aibek D. said...

Hi Stephen!

Great to find your blog and be able to follow your tracks now! Put some pictures and videos as well :)

Firstly, I deeply feel bad that I couldn't say good bye on your last farewell party (I had some guests visiting me, but that's lame excuse anyway). Hope lads gave you warmest farewell, and pity that I couldn't sign that shirt for you (that was the gift, isn't it? please scrap my name on it on my behalf as well). I just want to say that it was great knowing you, playing in the same team and sharing some good memories! I never say good bye to my friends, as very often I meet them again at some point of time. :)

I just came back from Venice Carnival, that was simply magic. I love this city as well, for its unique atmosphere, canals, food, etc. If you want to go there again, make sure to catch Venice Carnival that happens in February every year! It'll be crowded, but hell, yes, it does worth it!

Enjoy your wonderful trip!

Aibek - "Nakamura" :)